If you see the small U-shaped light on your dashboard with an exclamation point in the middle, this indicates low tire pressure. While you might think you need to head to a gas station air pump, the auto mechanics at Chapel Hill Tire are here to show you an easier way. Let’s take a look at 4 easy ways you can get your tire pressure checked and refilled for free.
What Causes Low Tire Pressure?
Before we dive in, let’s unpack why your tires are low on air. Here is a look at some of the most common causes of low tire pressure:
- Standard air loss: If your tires are low on pressure, it is easy to assume there is a problem. However, the most common cause of low tire pressure is standard air loss that occurs over time.
- Cold outdoor temperatures: When the temperature outside drops, the air inside your tires will compress.
- Puncture: Nails or screws stuck in tire rubber are unfortunately common. The puncture opening will allow air inside your tire to escape. Here is a look at what to do when a nail punctures your tire.
- Wheel, tire, or rim issues: In a worst-case tire pressure scenario, your low pressure could be the result of a larger underlying issue with your wheel, tire, or rim.
Low tire pressure can cause poor fuel economy, vehicle handling troubles, and tire damage. You can prevent these troubles by checking your tire pressure each month. Here is our guide to checking your tire pressure. Now, let’s look at some easy ways you can score free tire refills.
Oil Change with Tire Inflation Included
Routine tire pressure refills often fall within the same cadence as your needed oil change visits. Select mechanic networks (like Chapel Hill Tire) will check and refill your tire pressure for free each time you get an oil change. This perk helps offer an added incentive for drivers choosing a mechanic. It also shows that your mechanic cares about your car and your safety. In addition to air pressure refills, Chapel Hill Tire offers a fluid level check, air filter check, and inspection of your engine’s belts and hoses free with each oil change visit.
Free Air Pressure Refills with Tire Services
If you get your tire patched, rotated, aligned, or otherwise serviced, your mechanics will work up close and personal with your tires. Part of this service routine includes making sure your tires are ready to hit the road once they are finished. Any reputable mechanic will include tire pressure checks and refills with tire services.
Tire Road Hazard Protection Plan
When you buy a new tire or set of tires, you are often offered a protection plan. Some mechanics include it in their pricing, while others make this optional. At Chapel Hill Tire, our Road Hazard Tire Protection goes above and beyond most plans. This offering includes:
- Free tire pressure refills for the lifespan of each protected tire
- Free flat repairs for the lifespan of each protected tire
- Free balancing for the lifespan of each protected tire
- Up to $399.99 in tire replacement for each protected tire (included for 3 years or 2/32″ tread depth remaining)
Coupons, Deals, and Promotions
When visiting a local mechanic, you should always browse their coupons page for potential savings. In addition to potential tire pressure refill coupons, you might find other deals and discounts for your vehicle. At the time of publication, Chapel Hill Tire has a free tire pressure check and refill coupon available for our community.
Free Tire Refills from Chapel Hill Tire
If your tires need a boost, the mechanics here at Chapel Hill Tire are here for you. You can visit us at one of our 9 Triangle-area locations across Raleigh, Apex, Durham, Chapel Hill, and Carrboro for industry-leading car care. Make your appointment here online, or give us a call to get started today!