Every driver wants a high resale value when they are ready to trade in their car. One of the easiest ways to preserve your car’s value is to give it thorough ongoing care. While this naturally includes regular oil changes and other routine services, this preservation also extends to detailing services. Our local car care experts are here with insight on how regular car wash and detailing services can help your car hold its value.
Keeping the Interior Fabric Preserved
Your car’s interior is prone to staining, scratching, and lasting odors that can tank its value. Fabric interior is more prone to these issues, while leather interior is more costly to repair and replace. Car detailing services offer a two-fold solution to protect your interior:
- First, detailing professionals will vacuum out abrasive crumbs, sand, and debris that can slowly wear away at your interior.
- Next, they will condition your leather interior to keep it safeguarded against preventable damage.
Preventing Certain Technical Failures
Sticking dashboard buttons, failing USB charging ports, and faulty switches: all these issues can stem from crumbs, dust, and debris floating around your car. While it might seem like you need a simple vacuum job, these particles can get wedged deep within your dashboard and interior. An occasional interior detailing service is the only way to prevent these annoying and costly technical issues.
Protecting the Paint Job
Your car’s paint job can face corrosion and deterioration caused by tree sap, pollen, and other harmful chemicals. Car wash and detailing services offer several solutions to these common problems:
- First, car wash professionals will clean away sap, pollen, and other harmful sediments.
- Next, they will buff, wax, polish, and smooth out your exterior for a protective coating that will leave your car shining.
How Much Can Detailing Services Save You?
While every vehicle and situation is different, let’s take a look at some rough estimates on how much money you could save with regular car wash and detailing services:
- A new car paint job: $300 – $4,000+
- New leather seats: $1,000 – $2,000+
- Fixing a failing USB port: $50 – $100+
- Dashboard replacement: $1,000 – $2,000+
All in all, regular detailing services could help your car hold $8,000+ in value.
Here is a not-so-secret truth about your car’s interior and paint job: you are going to pay for it one way or another. You can invest in car detailing services, which leave you with a clean, attractive, and withstanding interior while maintaining your car’s value. Or, you can have even more money taken out of your pocket in repairs and depreciation once it is time to sell.
Every scratch, scuff, and stain will be scrutinized by the dealership and used as leverage for a lower price evaluation. Detailing services can pay off even more long-term and put more money back in your pocket—while offering the benefit of letting you enjoy a professionally cleaned car.
Chapel Hill Tire Car Wash and Detailing Services
You can now get your car washed and detailed while it is at the mechanic for routine services. Simply drop your car off at Chapel Hill Tire, and we will take care of the rest. Our newest offering makes it easier than ever to keep your car value preserved with regular car wash and detailing services. Our car wash and detailing packages are currently available at the following Chapel Hill Tire locations:
- Fordham Blvd. Location in Chapel Hill
- West Franklin Location in Chapel Hill
- University Place Location in Chapel Hill
- Cole Park Plaza Location in Chapel Hill
- Durham – Woodcroft Shopping Center Location
- Carrboro Location
- Raleigh – Atlantic Ave. Location
- Raleigh – Crabtree Valley Mall Location
- Apex Location
- Cary Location